Mezza Grill, Broadland Center Plaza in Ashburn

We just returned from a fantastic lunch at Mezza Grills. Mezza is located in Ashburn Virginia this is their website:

http://www.mezzagrills.com/

Robert, the owner is the same owner of several other delicious restaurants in NOVA (aka Northern Virginia to you folks from outside this region) including Domani.

For lunch hubby and I had some real delicious goodies and it was not a bad way to celebrate Valentine's Day either!

We shared the Mezza Sampler which had Babaganouj, Hummus, a delicioius middle eastern style salad (fettoush?), falafel and dolmas.

Hubby got the Kofte Kebab which was served with some Raita/Yogurt sauce, spinach, bread and more... I got the Mediterranean delight which was an error on my part... we had to share it, it was ALOT of delicious food more than I could finish alone.

Mine had Kofte, sliced Gyro meat, Shish Tawouk (Finely marinated chicken - moist and juicy and flavored well) and more salad with some feta and tomato slices.

We opted out of dessert being too full but I heard that the desserts were great so I got Baklava to go... something to nosh on for tonight.

Robert who came over and greeted us, asked us what did we order... I had to point to the receipt because this was our first time there and I couldn't remember for the life of me the names of anything except the appetizer. He said he owned several places in the region from Springfield to Ashburn to Herndon/Reston area.... I mentioned he should open another Mezza closer to Reston, not that I would mind traveling the 15-20 minutes again for this place.

The place was more than half full and it was around 1pm on a holiday Saturday and the service was good and attentive.

I would highly recommend this place especially if you have a craving for hummus, middle eastern or greek food! Just GO!

Stacey, what do they make in-house? Based on their website, I don't see one single thing that would draw me in. "Fresh, organic ingredients" sounds appealing, but you can buy pre-made fresh, organic, hummus and baba gannougj very easily from wholesalers. What about Mezza Grill should tempt me to go? The fact that the owner owns several other restaurants is a nail in his coffin, in my opinion. Where are they sourcing their meats? Who is running the kitchen? Is the bread house-made or purchased from a distributor?

Cheers,

Rocks.

Stacey, what do they make in-house? Based on their website, I don't see one single thing that would draw me in. "Fresh, organic ingredients" sounds appealing, but you can buy pre-made fresh, organic, hummus and baba gannougj very easily from wholesalers. What about Mezza Grill should tempt me to go? The fact that the owner owns several other restaurants is a nail in his coffin, in my opinion. Where are they sourcing their meats? Who is running the kitchen? Is the bread house-made or purchased from a distributor?

Cheers,

Rocks.

That is a good question and I will be sure to ask them next time I go. I just have been looking for a good middle-eastern restaurant that is not over-priced and has a nice variety and taste to their foods that they make available....

That is a good question and I will be sure to ask them next time I go. I just have been looking for a good middle-eastern restaurant that is not over-priced and has a nice variety and taste to their foods that they make available....

Stacey, have you tried Sorrento Grill, which is also in Ashburn? Sounds like a place you would like as well. Despite the Italian-sounding name, the menu is more middle eastern, although maybe you could call it Mediterranean. We've have good luck there. I've enjoyed the lamb wrap in particular.

Stacey, have you tried Sorrento Grill, which is also in Ashburn? Sounds like a place you would like as well. Despite the Italian-sounding name, the menu is more middle eastern, although maybe you could call it Mediterranean. We've have good luck there. I've enjoyed the lamb wrap in particular.

I hear that they have a red pepper hummus home made that is great, so that is next on our list...except they have one in Herndon too so that is much closer. - THANKS!