Dining in Herndon

My friend is moving soon from Arlington out to Herndon. One of the things she'll miss most are the great independently run restaurants that are abundant in Arlington. I'd love to be able to give her a gift certificate to a great place near her new digs. My preference is casual so that if she loves it and wants to go back all the time, it won't break the bank. She and her husband have a two year old who is very well behaved so family friendly is nice but not necessary.

My friend is moving soon from Arlington out to Herndon. One of the things she'll miss most are the great independently run restaurants that are abundant in Arlington. I'd love to be able to give her a gift certificate to a great place near her new digs. My preference is casual so that if she loves it and wants to go back all the time, it won't break the bank. She and her husband have a two year old who is very well behaved so family friendly is nice but not necessary.

I don't believe there is a better restaurant in Herndon than Zeffirelli. Unfortunately, in the Dining Guide, it's under the dreaded "Multiple Locations" category because it has an outpost in Leesburg, but the flagship is in Herndon and it can be spectacularly good. Your friend will become a regular.

As far as I'm concerned, in that corner of Fairfax County, there is Zeffirelli, PassionFish in the Reston Town Center, and El Manantiel off Wiehle. Then there's all the rest.