Malik's Kabob and Cafe, Fairfax

Anything new in Fairfax? gnatharobed and I are heading to the Muse/Silversun Pickups show tomorrow night.

Malik's Kabob and Cafe, 9542-B Arlington Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22031, (703) 246-9005.

Near Fairfax Circle, in the same shopping center as Staples and Hudson Trail Outfitters, around the corner near Peter Pan Buffet.

Doesn't look like much from the outside but I am becoming addicted to the bone-in chicken kabobs. Was planning on writing a review after a couple more visits.

Be aware that at night they have hookah/shisha for the customers. If you don't like that, there is a room in the back with no smoking.

They also have other Pakistani cuisine. My older son really likes the butter chicken.

Malik's Kabob and Cafe, 9542-B Arlington Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22031, (703) 246-9005.

Near Fairfax Circle, in the same shopping center as Staples and Hudson Trail Outfitters, around the corner near Peter Pan Buffet.

Doesn't look like much from the outside but I am becoming addicted to the bone-in chicken kabobs. Was planning on writing a review after a couple more visits.

Be aware that at night they have hookah/shisha for the customers. If you don't like that, there is a room in the back with no smoking.

They also have other Pakistani cuisine. My older son really likes the butter chicken.

had lunch there today. hookah was being smoked and it's was oddly empty of diners at 1:30. The food however was great. I had a chapli kabob and my wife had the boneless chicken. Both were perfectly cooked. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The chickpea curry that comes with it is killer as well. Atmosphere was kind of weird with a handful of people smoking and the two of us eating, but the food made up for it.

I saw this place and I agree that it's an odd man out. I went to Autozone the other day to get some new windshield wipers and noticed this place. I was curious, but seeing people smoking in the doorway and loitering around the entrance doesn't help the atmosphere. I definitely try it and compare it to the other kabob places I've been to, Moby Dicks (2 out of 4 saffron leaves), Lebanese Taverna (3 of 4), the new kabob place (Corner Kabob? 3) near the intersection of 50 and 29 and 236, and King Kabob (2) by Noodles and Co. in Fairfax City.

Got take-out the other night. Rice and naan were just meh. Not bad, but nothing great either. Boneless chicken was pretty good, but, again, nothing great.

The chickpea curry, though, was really good.

I was there around 6:30. There were several guys smoking and playing cards and then a table of young women in the corner smoking. Definitely a different atmosphere.