Stardust, Montgomery Street in Old Town - Closed

Stardust in Alexandria and Mezza 9 at the Hyatt in Rosslyn.

Looks like a thread was never started for Stardust - and it appears they are closing. Got an e-news update from them that their last "Last Call" will be April 3. Thought I'd heard something about the place changing hands, but it didn't sound like that was the case.

12 years isn't a bad run, but it's always sad to see a local place close, even if it wasn't one that I frequented.

the folks behind Ramparts/Union Street

Is this the same team that was behind Mango Mikes/Ramparts? I never went back to Ramparts after the sullen bartender came over to our table and smashed down the cork of a bottle of wine I sent back saying that it was “corked” – if it is under new ownership, I may have to stop by for a beer.

Is this the same team that was behind Mango Mikes/Ramparts? I never went back to Ramparts after the sullen bartender came over to our table and smashed down the cork of a bottle of wine I sent back saying that it was “corked” – if it is under new ownership, I may have to stop by for a beer.

That I don't know. "Simply Fish" was the name of that venture, which was located in the 3rd (corner) part of the Ramparts space and is now home to a church.

I was in Ramparts this weekend for the first time in many years and was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance - on the restaurant/wine bar side. The space farthest in from the corner is still a sports bar with smoking allowed - separate entrance and ventilation system from the other section. The menu looked interesting and they have specials that may be worth checking out - rib deals on Thursdays, 1/2 price wine (most bottles) on Saturdays, etc. Seemed like a nice local spot with a 30-40-50ish crowd. (And the bartender, Buster, was definitely not sullen!)