Lopo's Mobile Crab Shack, Route 50 in Chantillly

I am pleased to report on a very good source of steamed crabs -- Lopo's Mobile Crab Shack. It's in the parking lot next door to Deli-O/Pupuseria Hernandez/at least one other name.

We tried Lopo's last weekend. They had four sizes of crabs available. We tried 1.5 dozen of the Large ($65/doz). They were very, very good. Steamed to order and loaded with nice lumps of meat.

Since my order took a while they brought me a few steamed shrimp to try -- excellent. Next time we will get a pound of shrimp too.

It was cash only but the guy told me they are in the process of setting up for credit cards.

Great addition to the neighborhood!

According to Loudoun County Department of Health it is at 43083 John Mosby Hwy.

It's just west of the 7-11 at 50 and Elk Lick Rd, across 50 from Meadows Farms nursery.

Can you be a little more specific on the location, please? Like, which parking lot? Route 50 and what road? I tried Googling for the Pupuseria Hernandez and got nothing.

Thanks!

You should have Googled Deli-O! :lol:

It's just west of the 7-11 at 50 and Elk Lick Rd, across 50 from Meadows Farms nursery.

You should have Googled Deli-O! :lol:

I have some bits of information.

1. The latest name of Deli-o/Pupuseria Hernandez is Las Chiquiadas.

2. More to the point of this thread, Twinsmommy got some crabs from Lopo's on Saturday. All they had were medium ($30) and regular ($45), so she got a dozen regular. Verdict: Not worth it. The crabs were very light; she ate the whole dozen by herself.

Advice: If they don't have any crabs bigger than regular, pass.

Also, they still aren't set up for credit cards; cash only.