Caliente Mex-Sea Kitchen and Bar, Ashburn - Standard-Issue Tex-Mex near the Movie Theater - Closed

I just posted this review on Chowhound and am reposting it here as a PSA so as few people as possible get suckered into wasting money at this joint.

Mrs. W. and I tried this place last night, before catching a movie next door at the Fox Theater. One of the worst meals we have had in a long time.

Based on the name and the beautiful contemporary decor, we were expecting a menu full of interesting seafood dishes. What we got was a skimpy menu that looked like a Cliff Notes version of the menu at On the Border, Chili's, or a similar craphouse: burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas. I had to look closely to see any sign of seafood whatsoever. There were fish tacos, shrimp in some of the dishes, and that's about it.

Chips: ordinary. Salsa: virtually tasteless. Arnold Palmer: terrible. Entrees (fish tacos and quesadillas): high school cafeteria-level quality. Bland and dull. Service: amateurish.

The fried calamari app was decent but the remoulade was served in tiny plastic cups. Really tacky.

You could get much better food for much less money at California Tortilla around the corner. Seriously.

There is a serious disconnect here between what the place looks like and the food served.

Blue Ridge Grill across the way is a far better choice for a pre-movie meal. This place is a pretty lively bar with a pretty rotten restaurant attached to it. We suspect it will be gone before year-end. We hope.