Fuji Japanese Restaurant, Chantilly

My wife and I checked this place out for dinner a few weeks ago. It was a Saturday night, our son was hungry and we were sick to death of Chick-fil-e (aka The Moo Place). We ran in here and only a few tables were full which didn't bode well in our opinion. Thankfully we were wrong. We had an excellent meal that was good from beginning to end. We started with a grilled mahi mahi appetizer which was just excellent. My wife had a seafood Udon soup that lasted us well into the next week. I had some kind of special sushi roll whose name eludes me but was not only visually appealing but tasted good as well.

I didn't get confirmation but it seems like the husband and wife owners were waiting the tables and making the sushi so it is a family operation.

This place is tucked away in the big shopping center with the Lotte and Lowes. It is located a few doors down from the Babies 'r' Us. Its a bad location but I hope more people find out about it because we had a good meal there (of course, your results may vary).

My wife and I checked this place out for dinner a few weeks ago. It was a Saturday night, our son was hungry and we were sick to death of Chick-fil-e (aka The Moo Place). We ran in here and only a few tables were full which didn't bode well in our opinion. Thankfully we were wrong. We had an excellent meal that was good from beginning to end. We started with a grilled mahi mahi appetizer which was just excellent. My wife had a seafood Udon soup that lasted us well into the next week. I had some kind of special sushi roll whose name eludes me but was not only visually appealing but tasted good as well.

I didn't get confirmation but it seems like the husband and wife owners were waiting the tables and making the sushi so it is a family operation.

This place is tucked away in the big shopping center with the Lotte and Lowes. It is located a few doors down from the Babies 'r' Us. Its a bad location but I hope more people find out about it because we had a good meal there (of course, your results may vary).

Thanks -- we've lived within five miles of this place for the past 15 years and haven't tried it. In fact, I'm not sure I ever even noticed it, and we spent a lot of time at Babies R Us (see screen name). We have to try the new MoCA Asian Bistro, which is mainly Japanese, out at Eastgate Marketplace, but we'll put this place on this list too.

Also, Grand Thai and Sushi in South Riding actually has very good sushi too. Their Thai food is ok, but I think the sushi is better, which I think is unusual at these pan-asian places.