Sweet Ginger, Pan-Asian in Vienna

Surprised no one has added a thread on this.

Tucked away in a strip mall off of Rt 123 in Vienna

Pretty decent sushi and Japanense fare. Nice atmosphere, great service! For a neighborhood place, I found this pretty good. Anyone else been here

120 Branch Road Southeast

Vienna, VA 22180-4714

(703) 319-3922

Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-3pm, 5pm-10pm; Sat 12pm-3pm, 5pm-10:30pm; Sun 12pm-3pm, 5pm-10pm

6 years later.. I went to Sweet Ginger and had the sushi sampler (ok) and the cold udon noodles that came with tempura shrimp and vegetables. The noodles lacked flavor, perhaps being cold. The tempura shrimp was tasty and the veggies were good (ignoring the broccoli - something Prez Bush and I agree upon). My wife had spring rolls and chicken satay, both of which she liked. The spring rolls came in a clear glass with a fancy arrangement. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and will go back. The menu is quite varied. I did not like the chardonay I ordered, though.

6 years later.. I went to Sweet Ginger and had the sushi sampler (ok) and the cold udon noodles that came with tempura shrimp and vegetables. The noodles lacked flavor, perhaps being cold. The tempura shrimp was tasty and the veggies were good (ignoring the broccoli - something Prez Bush and I agree upon). My wife had spring rolls and chicken satay, both of which she liked. The spring rolls came in a clear glass with a fancy arrangement. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and will go back. The menu is quite varied. I did not like the chardonay I ordered, though.

This place is rated #1 in Vienna by Trip Advisor. Talked to the fish guy at Balducci's today in McLean who told me he's soon to become the sous chef because the fish is so fresh. Has anyone been there more recently than torrmundi last August?