Breeze, Bakery and Cafe on Hummer Road in Annandale

Breeze Bakery Cafe (next to Yechon)

4125 Hummer Rd

Annandale, VA 22003

I am a fan of this new bakery. They sell the same stuff as Shila and Le Matin, but the interior is cleaner and there are plenty of seats for you to sit and relax. The smoothies were overpriced, but the baked goods were reasonable. They also offer lots of samples to try like Shila's down the street. I ended up getting a strawberry roll ($3.50) and a corn flavored roll ($4.50).

I finally found a good bing-su (red bean paste on top of shaved ice) place after Yo Fruit has gone away. According to my Korean connections, it is affilated with Yechon. I think it is very good idea that people eat dinner at Yechon and have a dessert the next door. We stopped by there and ordered bing-su. Service was very good and the bing-su was tasty. A bowl of bing-su is enough for two. They have 4 different kinds of bing-su; red bean, fruit, yogurt and gelato. I will try yogurt bing-su next time.

Go to Breeze. Bring dear friend with you to share dessert. Get the French cream roll. There are two in a bag so it's perfect for sharing. Take a couple of bites and figure out that you are eating what a Twinkie should taste like. Realize that cake crumbs surrounding the roll is brilliant.

Repeat on regular basis.

Can't say I didn't warn you.

Thanks for the posting. My friend and I swung by the place this past weekend and I loved the place. We had shaved iced with red beans and fruit (kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, and canned tropical mix fruit) and I enjoyed the ice and red beans. We also had a chocolate mousse cake that was a bit disappointing. I'm looking forward to going back and trying something else.

We had shaved iced with red beans and fruit (kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, and canned tropical mix fruit) and I enjoyed the ice and red beans.

Congratulations on your first bing-su. The best time for bing-su is one of those July days when the temperature and the humidity seem to be the same and you have small children in car seats who are screaming and the car air-conditioning doesn't seem to be working and if you don't get something cold and refreshing, you're going to just SCREAM...(and any other time of the year as well :)).