Pho N More, Vietnamese with Pho at 144 Maple Ave. W in Vienna - Closed

I've gone to Pho -N-More in Vienna twice now but I still haven't tried their pho. Instead, I've tried a couple of Thai-ish noodle soups. The first was Tsunami: "minced pork, mixed seafood ball, bean sprout, chinese broccoli, crushed peanut, cilantro n scallion in spicy broth." This tastes suspiciously like floating market noodle soup at Nava Thai - a sour and spicy soup with a brown broth. I'm not saying it's great but it's good to know that I don't have to go to Wheaton for FMNS. Today I tried the Tornado: "a new version of “Pad Thai” minced chicken, tofu, preserved radish, bean sprout, green bean, crushed pea­nut, cilantro n scallion in spicy broth." It wasn't really spicy, more sweet and sour in a clear broth (a flavor combination that's not my favorite). Both times I also ordered a plate of spicy basil stir fried with mixed veggies - reasonably tasty. Menu

We have had the Pho twice, while it does not rank as the best Pho in the area, the broth is nice and comforting (as usual its the owners Grandmothers recipe). The shrimp crackers are good and the service great. The portions are huge and this shop is much closer than anything else near me.

I've gone to Pho -N-More in Vienna twice now but I still haven't tried their pho. Instead, I've tried a couple of Thai-ish noodle soups. The first was Tsunami: "minced pork, mixed seafood ball, bean sprout, chinese broccoli, crushed peanut, cilantro n scallion in spicy broth." This tastes suspiciously like floating market noodle soup at Nava Thai - a sour and spicy soup with a brown broth. I'm not saying it's great but it's good to know that I don't have to go to Wheaton for FMNS. Today I tried the Tornado: "a new version of “Pad Thai” minced chicken, tofu, preserved radish, bean sprout, green bean, crushed pea­nut, cilantro n scallion in spicy broth." It wasn't really spicy, more sweet and sour in a clear broth (a flavor combination that's not my favorite). Both times I also ordered a plate of spicy basil stir fried with mixed veggies - reasonably tasty. Menu

Thanks to Ericandblueboy and Scott for writing about this place, otherwise I would not have found it. I've been twice for lunch, both times for Pho, and I've been very pleased. The Pho has been good, the staff nice, and the interior is cheerful with a pleasant color scheme and lots of big windows to let in the sun. PNM and the Herndon Pho 75 are equidistant from my office. PNM will henceforth be in my regular rotation and I doubt I will ever go back to Pho 75 again.

Thanks to Ericandblueboy and Scott for writing about this place, otherwise I would not have found it. I've been twice for lunch, both times for Pho, and I've been very pleased. The Pho has been good, the staff nice, and the interior is cheerful with a pleasant color scheme and lots of big windows to let in the sun. PNM and the Herndon Pho 75 are equidistant from my office. PNM will henceforth be in my regular rotation and I doubt I will ever go back to Pho 75 again.

I went here today with a group of coworkers, for about the 6th time. It's actually quite good. The broth is beefier than most (some, like Pho 14, are more aromatic), and it's a generous portion. The place is almost never busy, but I think that's mostly because of its location and people not knowing it was there. Also, believe it not, the Thai dish I ordered once was pretty decent.

And beware, vegetarians- I did not see a vegetarian version of the broth listed on the menu. You would be able to find something of your liking off of the Thai (or "N More" menu).