Figs Fine Foods, Lebanese in Palisades - Closed

Figs is definitely open. I rented a movie in the video store upstairs above it yesterday, and could see customers and staff through Figs' front windows.

I plan to check it out tomorrow. Hoping to find a market there as well as a cafe.

I plan to check it out tomorrow. Hoping to find a market there as well as a cafe.

I haven't been in there in a while, but as I recall, she has a very small number of "grocery" items for sale, like tea and jam. If you are looking for Lebanese groceries, you might want to look elsewhere--Shemali's on New Mexico Ave. is the closest one to Figs in the District, and while they aren't the biggest place in the region for Middle Eastern foods, they sell olives and feta and have a small selection of both savory and sweet pastries as well as shelves of packaged, jarred and canned foods and spices.

I haven't been in there in a while, but as I recall, she has a very small number of "grocery" items for sale, like tea and jam. If you are looking for Lebanese groceries, you might want to look elsewhere--Shemali's on New Mexico Ave. is the closest one to Figs in the District, and while they aren't the biggest place in the region for Middle Eastern foods, they sell olives and feta and have a small selection of both savory and sweet pastries as well as shelves of packaged, jarred and canned foods and spices.

I was there, oh, two weeks ago. They sell a few packaged items but offer a larger array of prepared foods that you can enjoy in the store or take home. They use top-quality ingredients, make great sandwiches and provide warm, if quirky, service. When I find myself in the Palisades, say, on the way out of MacArthur Liquors, it's on the short list of places I stop for a bite to eat.

I was there, oh, two weeks ago. They sell a few packaged items but offer a larger array of prepared foods that you can enjoy in the store or take home. They use top-quality ingredients, make great sandwiches and provide warm, if quirky, service. When I find myself in the Palisades, say, on the way out of MacArthur Liquors, it's on the short list of places I stop for a bite to eat.

I went there yesterday and was impressed with the quality and selction of their prepared foods. We ordered carrots, beets, bulgar salad, and a chickpea/lentil salad. I also ordered the hummus special for lunch with preserved eggplant, roasted red pepper, and a pickle. I'll be back.