Neramitra, Soony Dejavich's Thai on Crystal Drive in Crystal City By The Owners Of Sakoontra and Thai Farm

Much maligned Crystal City needs some love in the Dining Guide. Neramitra qualifies, but only a little.

Our table started with Tofu Todd, with nicely fried tofu triangles that arrived right out of the fryer, along with a nice sweet-sour sauce for dipping. Then came my standard drunken noodles, which I ordered American spicy because I felt wimpish today, along with a vegetarian red curry and the Neramitra duck -- the latter being crispy duck stir-fired with garlic and basil. All dishes were very good, with fresh and crisp veggies and nice balance of savory-sweet-hot-sour, but all portions were small.

Neramitra stands out in an otherwise wasteland of Crystal City restaurants, but it is within a short walk of Kora....when in the neighborhood, Kora gets my first choice unless I have to have Thai.

Neramitra is climbing up my Crystal City list. I had the Neramitra Chicken Wings and the Pad Kee Mow (Drunken Noodles) for lunch today. While the Chicken Wings were only above average -- nice taste, but sort of small and somewhat oily -- the Noodles were really good. This dish was an ample portion, larger than most dinner-sized versions I've had, and really loaded with chunks of chicken and beef ($2 extra for the combination). Flavors and textures were wonderful. I would order this dish again (and again).