The Limerick Pub, Wheaton

I'm curious to try Limerick out. My local pub is the Royal Mile. My old neighborhood (Cleveland Park) had two Irish pubs so I have an idea of what to expect. They are slated to open Feb 4. I may try to go. All they need on Elkin Street now is a British pub. Any takers? :)

I was at the RMP Jan 15*, and one of the owners of the Limerick was havin' a pint at the bar. I was right across from him as I waited for the rest of my party to arrive, as he was talking about who he still needed to hire, etc. Gave a nod on the way out; I'm looking forward to trying it out and having another option in the hood. The facebook page said he was still waiting on permits and electrical work was going to be done the next Friday. Then I saw the bit in the Gazette mentioning they were opening on the 4th, so we'll see if that actually happens or not!

* I wish I had know at the time that your beer was carried at RMP, as I would have given it a try!

I was at the RMP Jan 15*, and one of the owners of the Limerick was havin' a pint at the bar. I was right across from him as I waited for the rest of my party to arrive, as he was talking about who he still needed to hire, etc. Gave a nod on the way out; I'm looking forward to trying it out and having another option in the hood. The facebook page said he was still waiting on permits and electrical work was going to be done the next Friday. Then I saw the bit in the Gazette mentioning they were opening on the 4th, so we'll see if that actually happens or not!

* I wish I had know at the time that your beer was carried there, as I would have given it a try!

I shot them an e-mail to see about dropping of some samples. Royal Mile already has my beer.

Lisa, Spawn and I went in there around 5pm yesterday for a few drinks. They have a limited menu for the next few weeks, which makes good sense. The pub is quite small and cozy, though the barren walls could be spruced up a bit. Maybe they use the same interior decorator as Landrum. While it's not the visual equivalent of John Cage's 3:33, it does seem a little Kenny G. Prices for drinks are very good and the beer selection is, well, OK. But who can beat $3 16oz cans of PBR?? :)

There are dart boards (real ones, not the crappy computerized ones), the place is family friendly, there are three or four flat screens, and the music wasn't so loud that you couldn't have a quiet conversation. I liked what I experienced yesterday and if things stay that way, we may have ourselves a new local.