Toucan Taco House, Route 198 in Laurel

That is Ike's (one of our Founders) dad bringing back the place he owned for years (while Ike was growing up) before selling it (the Rockville franchise location). Ike is helping him bring it back to Rockville. Old School.

We lived in Laurel for 27 years, beginning in 1971. What started out as Tippy's Taco House at some point morphed into Toucan Taco House, on Route 198 heading east just before Route 1. We and our kids had many a meal there. Waitress/cashier/owner(?) Libby was a fixture. It is still there.

I love toucan taco! I'm sorry I keep raving about laurel dive restaurants, but those are my favorite kind, I own one suit and I'm tired of wearing it out. Toucan taco is like old El Paso taco night at your parents house. In the best way possible. Sadly they are closed Sunday and Monday, which are my days off. However I still just make it some nights after working all day. Always puts a smile on m face. I am so happy that laurel has all these little gems I keep finding. Was a bit worried when I decided to set up roots here. Anyway I enjoy the crunchy tacos and the sunken burrito. Always awesome.

I love toucan taco! I'm sorry I keep raving about laurel dive restaurants, but those are my favorite kind, I own one suit and I'm tired of wearing it out. Toucan taco is like old El Paso taco night at your parents house. In the best way possible. Sadly they are closed Sunday and Monday, which are my days off. However I still just make it some nights after working all day. Always puts a smile on m face. I am so happy that laurel has all these little gems I keep finding. Was a bit worried when I decided to set up roots here. Anyway I enjoy the crunchy tacos and the sunken burrito. Always awesome.

You have to get the Chili Con Queso and pour it on top of the Sunken Burrito. Then, get the round tostadas (cheaper by the broken bag) and dunk away - it really stretches your dining dollar. :)

Just be careful eating while driving - a sudden turn can create overflow conditions. :(