Cheong Wong, Cantonese in Fair Lakes Partitioned Inside Malibu Grill - Closed

Catching up on some of my restaurant reviews. This place is.... interesting..... It seems that a family bought the malibu grill and partitioned the place in half. Half the restaurant is the malibu grill, the other half is Cheong Wong, a cantonese restaurant.

I've gotten carry out from them twice. Both times were hit and miss. The First time the HK Wonton soup and pork fried rice were excellent but the beef chow foon was only ok. The second time around the spicy pork chop dish and house fried rice were good, but the wanton soup was bland.

I'll probably give them another try in a few minutes but that is more of a result of the lack of good chinese food near me (Aside from Sichuan Village of course).

I was perusing the Fair Lakes/Fair Oaks listings in preparation for a Saturday dinner, and came across this dated listing. This place has been closed for a few years now.

[Thank you Kibbee. Posts like this seem trivial, but they aren't - given that I'm trying to keep the Dining Guide up to the minute (sometimes obviously falling short), they're crucial. Cheers, Rocks]

• Like 1

Nor is Malibu Grill.

Interesting. Do you know which closed first? Were they the same ownership, or did Malibu Grill lease the space to Cheong Wong?

In terms of West Fairfax closures, both of these closed before Sakoontra.

As an aside, it's also interesting how we're trending towards Americanized Chinese recently - no doubt, a short-lived phenomenon, but still one that I've noticed (and one to which I'll shortly be contributing).

• Like 1