Khan Kabob House, 4229 Lafayette Center Drive in Chantilly - Run By An Original Owner of Ravi Kabob

What do they say about restaurants? Location Location Location. This one sucks. The food on the other hand, doesn't. Between this, Rawal Kabob and Food Corner Kabob house we have entered a golden age in Chantilly/Centreville ethnic cuisine.

I've been 4 times so far and have not had a bad meal yet. Especially noteworthy are their excellent redntition of the obligitory chick peas. With the chicken Kabob you can really taste the difference in their marinade. the real star here is the Kahari Chicken which is delicious (granted I have not had it elsewhere but it was damned good).

If you beleive Yelp it is owned by Tariq Khan the original owner and founder of Ravi Kabob . I'd verify with the website but it is down right now.

What do they say about restaurants? Location Location Location. This one sucks. The food on the other hand, doesn't. Between this, Rawal Kabob and Food Corner Kabob house we have entered a golden age in Chantilly/Centreville ethnic cuisine.

I've been 4 times so far and have not had a bad meal yet. Especially noteworthy are their excellent redntition of the obligitory chick peas. With the chicken Kabob you can really taste the difference in their marinade. the real star here is the Kahari Chicken which is delicious (granted I have not had it elsewhere but it was damned good).

If you beleive Yelp it is owned by Tariq Khan the original owner and founder of Ravi Kabob . I'd verify with the website but it is down right now.

Thanks ulrath, we'll give Khan a try. They sent us a menu. My last meal from Rawal was very greasy.

BTW, there are all sorts of little eateries along Pleasant Valley Road, Sullyfield Circle, etc. Someone needs to eat their way through these places.

HEYYYYY EVERYBODY!!!

Dunno if Khan Kabob has been posted about but seeing as I am new to this website, even though I was there a bit ago, I still wanna let zee community know about this gem. Taking a rec from yee ole Tyler Cowen I trudged out from my perch to almost past Dulles. I had felt that my kabob grind had weaknened and needed some spicing up welllll lemme tell ya this was the ticket. These kabobs are really really good but you know what the best thing was....the NAAANNNN. Get yourself some naan and pray to the food gods that they bless you again. It is miles ahead of ravi, kabob palace, etc etc. It is fluffy with some seasame on the top and a dab of oil as I recall. Absolutely gloorius. Also the kabobs and the other things I got (I recall Chicken Karahi) were very very good. Bursting with flavor. I was like "but dat flavor doe." So go^1000. I promise in future posts I'll do ones I have had recently or day of BUT I GOTS A BACKLOG I wanna work through!!!!

PEACE

Manolandzzzz 

• Like 3

Todd Kliman initially was a big proponent of the lamb brain karahi, but backed off on a later visit. My wife and I had the lamb brains this spring and it was a revelatory dish (sorry to be cliched, but it's late). It was like really chewy and savory scrambled eggs in a nest of Pakistani spicing. It was amazing, but the owner said he'd be moving back and forth between Pakistan and the US for a while, so I don't know what you'd get right now if you tried Khan Kabob. 

But when my wife and I ate there it was something entirely new and really really good. 

The owner of Khan Kabob frequently travels between Pakistan and Chantilly, VA.  Mr. Tariq Khan the owner mostly now handles the catering side of the business.  His other business partner can be seen there on a daily basis handling the restaurant crowd.  The karahis are usually on point but there are moments where they have dropped the ball.  We went for a big family meal.  My sister and her family were visiting from Dallas and we had hankering for some karahi. 

below pic of the chicken karahi from that visit.

Also on Instagram (IG) "The_Gut"

Khan Kabob.jpg