Euro Bistro and Grille, Continental and Eastern European in Belle Haven, South Alexandria - Closed

Barbara and I popped in tonight about 7 PM. The place was empty except for one manager/server up front and an unknown number in the kitchen. No customers. That's not encouraging, but we were welcomed warmly and advised to sit anywhere. We took a table in the corner and after examining the menu, ordered the mixed grill for two, $30. This was a generous portion of steak, chicken, veal, and cevapi sausages and grilled vegetables (zucchini, carrot, and bell pepper) with bread to mop it up. The meat had been pounded thin, was quick-grilled so it got some sear on the outside and wasn't dry despite being thin. The rest of the menu is similar to other Eastern European restaurants in this area (like Cosmopolitan) with a mix of familiar German schnitzels, less familiar dishes from the Balkans, and an occasional totally American dish.

The decor is very sleek and lounge-y in front, with a more traditional dining room in back. Hopefully they'll be able to get their wine and beer license soon, because I can definitely see hanging out here with a glass of wine and a snack at the bar. I'm glad to see a place that isn't a chain opening here in South Alexandria. (South of Old Town = SoOld?) Our host gave us several menus to give to friends. I'll scan one and post it up here.