"The Kitchen Daughter"

jm chen

Since the forum description of News and Media has the word "books!" in it, I thought this would be the best place to make a brief mention of The Kitchen Daughter, which I talked about with some Rockwellians last year at one of the fabulous Dino duck dinners. It's a novel about a young woman who discovers she can invoke ghosts by cooking from dead people's recipes. And, well, I wrote it. (jm chen is short for jmchenry... long story. Well, not that long, I guess.)

The Kitchen Daughter, by Jael McHenry

I'm not living in DC these days (as you can probably tell from my more recent posts in the Philly and NYC Intrepid Traveler forums) but come back to visit frequently, and am planning to do a reading and signing in the DC area this summer, probably in July. Haven't had the chance to try the expanded Palena Cafe yet so I've got more than one reason to visit....

Since the forum description of News and Media has the word "books!" in it, I thought this would be the best place to make a brief mention of The Kitchen Daughter, which I talked about with some Rockwellians last year at one of the fabulous Dino duck dinners. It's a novel about a young woman who discovers she can invoke ghosts by cooking from dead people's recipes. And, well, I wrote it. (jm chen is short for jmchenry... long story. Well, not that long, I guess.)

I'm not living in DC these days (as you can probably tell from my more recent posts in the Philly and NYC Intrepid Traveler forums) but come back to visit frequently, and am planning to do a reading and signing in the DC area this summer, probably in July. Haven't had the chance to try the expanded Palena Cafe yet so I've got more than one reason to visit....

Oh my Goodness! Congratulations! This looks just marvelous! (BTW, there is a thread entitled "Books" which I started, cough, cough, back in the day--I suppose one of the clever clogs on this site will move this to there. Nevertheless, this is just thrilling and I can't wait to read it!)

ETA: Just ordered it through Amazon--have you seen the rave reviews there? Congrats again!!

Just ordered it through Amazon--have you seen the rave reviews there? Congrats again!!

Thanks, Barbara! (I must admit I check the Amazon reviews far more than is healthy for a person in my position. I hear they can get really nasty, but so far I have been blessed with very positive reviews there, and I promise I don't even know those people.)

Thanks, Barbara! (I must admit I check the Amazon reviews far more than is healthy for a person in my position. I hear they can get really nasty, but so far I have been blessed with very positive reviews there, and I promise I don't even know those people.)

I'd like to meet the author who doesn't check the Amazon numbers on his/her book on daily basis. B)

Congrats! My wife just pointed out a nice write up in the latest Oprah Magazine.