Volunteer at the Fancy Food Show

Received today:

Dear Friends of DCCK:

On July 10th-12th, there’s going to be a big food show taking place at the Washington Convention Center called The Fancy Food Show. The show normally takes place in New York, but this year since the location is being renovated, they have decided to bring it to Washington DC, and they asked the DC Central Kitchen to recover all of the leftovers.

We are very, very excited about this event; this would save the DC Central Kitchen a lot of money. We would be gathering all of the leftover food and putting it in to our trucks to be brought back to the Kitchen, and distributed to our partner agencies. There won't be anything too heavy, and there will be around 50/60 DC Central Kitchen staff members, but we are trying to get up to 200 volunteers for this event.

It’s the largest food recovery ever in the DC area.

• 200 Volunteers are needed on Tuesday July 12th
  • DC Central Kitchen will provide T-Shirts
  • All volunteers have to be 21 years old or older
  • We need volunteers from 2:30 pm until 8:30/9pm

I'm going to coordinate a group to go, so post here or send me a PM if you think you can make it.

Yes, I know it's hard to plan your schedule 2 months in advance, but I'll be taking a half-day from work to do this, so consider helping out.

Thanks!

Received today:

I'm going to coordinate a group to go, so post here or send me a PM if you think you can make it.

Yes, I know it's hard to plan your schedule 2 months in advance, but I'll be taking a half-day from work to do this, so consider helping out.

Thanks!

Dan, this sound great - count me in I have some vacation days to use and this is a Great cause