Jazzercise Silver Spring Fitness Center, Silver Spring

Xochitl10

Jazzercise Silver Spring Fitness Center opened in downtown Silver Spring in April 2011. Jazzercise is a full-body cardio and strength-training workout, incorporating dance, Pilates, and yoga moves and choreographed to very current music (think Adele, Beyonce, and Far East Movement). Classes are offered multiple times a day, seven days a week. Jazzercise classes are 60 minutes long (about 35 minutes of cardio,15 of strength training, and 5 minutes warm up/cool down); Express classes (only Friday afternoons) are 30 minutes long and intense.

The center owner, AnnaMarie Bena, has over twenty years teaching experience. She is an energetic, engaging instructor who will make you sweat hard, even if you're doing low-impact. She is very good at ensuring everyone can follow the routines and focuses on proper form in both the cardio and the strength training portions of the workout. She is also my friend and co-worker.

About six teachers give classes at the center. I can personally vouch for AnnaMarie, Kristin, Ro, and Chloris as being very good instructors, having taken classes with each of them. I went to Jazzercise classes for about two years at the main HHS building, where each of them taught (AnnaMarie runs classes there as well, which are open to Federal employees and contractors), and was very pleased with the fitness results I got during that time.

Location is 8455 Colesville Road, above the post office. Website, including prices and class times, is here: http://jcls.jazzercise.com/facility/jazzercise-silver-spring-fitness-center

Stefanie Davis