DC Smile Center, Dentists, Downtown

My wife and I have been going here for years, and not just because it's walking distance to my office. The staff is always extremely bright and friendly, and remembered who we were after just the first visit. The office itself is gorgeous, and their waiting room boasts a well-stocked Keurig (for when you want to really stick it to your dentist with coffee breath) and a ample magazines... not that I've ever needed to wait!

Some of the more unusual requests that they've obliged over the years:

• Provided me with a large stock of Debacterol whenever I run out for self-treating my recurring, stress-related canker sores.
  • Obliging my request to not use anaesthetic during cavity fillings, and working quickly thereafter. For me the grill is less painful than the shot, and a few minutes of discomfort is worth avoided several hours of numbness and tingling! There's something to be said for getting me from my desk and back in about thirty minutes!
  • Scheduling my appointments at the same time as my wife for our morbid "dentistry dates"!

Check them out: http://www.dcsmilecenter.com/. We've referred half a dozen people to them over the years, and everyone says that it's the best dentist they've ever had!

Dan Cole

Check them out: http://www.dcsmilecenter.com/. We've referred half a dozen people to them over the years, and everyone says that it's the best dentist they've ever had!

Dan Cole

Seconded -- I actually got my referral from Dan, and they're really excellent. I was biased because the dentist I went to prior to moving here was a tiny practice -- the sole dentist was the father of a girl I tutored -- and I never thought I could find that kind of attention and friendliness with a big practice. But they manage to do it, and have also done excellent work -- great cleaning/checkups, replacing my very very old and decaying fillings, and somehow managing, after 30 years of me trying, to teach me to floss better.

Oh, and yeah, the redesigned office with the snazzola waiting room is awesome.

~Leigh Shapiro