Spa World Cafe and Snack Bar, Centreville

So I have been to Spa World in Centreville three times now and I am starting to look forward to trying out the different food offerings in addition to the saunas and super jetted swimming pool sized hot tub.

The most basic dish is the roasted egg served with salt and sesame seeds. It comes three to an order and is basically a brown-on-the-inside hard cooked egg. Inside the sit-down cafe are more various offerings. i have gotten the beef short rib soup as well as the chicken ginseng soup. They both come with panchan - the assortment of lovely Korean nibbles like kimchee and salted dried anchovies and other picked veggies and a bowl of white rice. The chicken soup is an entire tiny game hen stuffed with short grain rice, ginseng, and a jujube (Korean date) and salt with broth. The short rib soup has a thick slice of tender simmered daikon as well as big pieces of beef short rib with the bone. The chicken wings are fried and crunchier than Bon Chon but not spicy. Other offerings that looked good and I can't wait to try are the Russian dumplings, the chicken teriyaki, the clear bean noodle soup, and the bi bim bap. There are boba drinks and various teas offered at the snack bar as well as instant ramen -- this is the least healthy spa-food I've ever encountered.

So I have been to Spa World in Centreville three times now and I am starting to look forward to trying out the different food offerings in addition to the saunas and super jetted swimming pool sized hot tub.

The most basic dish is the roasted egg served with salt and sesame seeds. It comes three to an order and is basically a brown-on-the-inside hard cooked egg. Inside the sit-down cafe are more various offerings. i have gotten the beef short rib soup as well as the chicken ginseng soup. They both come with panchan - the assortment of lovely Korean nibbles like kimchee and salted dried anchovies and other picked veggies and a bowl of white rice. The chicken soup is an entire tiny game hen stuffed with short grain rice, ginseng, and a jujube (Korean date) and salt with broth. The short rib soup has a thick slice of tender simmered daikon as well as big pieces of beef short rib with the bone. The chicken wings are fried and crunchier than Bon Chon but not spicy. Other offerings that looked good and I can't wait to try are the Russian dumplings, the chicken teriyaki, the clear bean noodle soup, and the bi bim bap. There are boba drinks and various teas offered at the snack bar as well as instant ramen -- this is the least healthy spa-food I've ever encountered.

I love this post, anhdeluxe - Spa World is an interesting looking place with an interesting Korean menu. It's on my agenda, that's for sure - thanks for posting about it (this is a perfect example of a post that people really want to know about here).

Cheers,

Rocks

If you spend $50 at Hanaro Food (Asian supermarket in same shopping center; where I buy parts for chicken stock), you can get SpaWorld admission (usually $35) for $10.

How does this work? I always go there after, but I can switch it up for that discount.

As for the food, I have tried a lot and have been pleased but not wowed. My favorite so far has been some sort of spicy soup. The Russian dumplings are meh, but I sometimes get them for the kid. I get a lot of bubble tea drinks. Generally, I have one meal and snacks there but leave when we are hungry again to take advantage of the much better Korean restaurants nearby. Then again, I would probably stay much longer (than the 6-8 hours that I do) and be content with the food if it werent for the tolerances of the kid.

I'm so disappointed to hear this-I purchased a groupon, but read about the Hanaro deal, & figured I could get groceries, & pick up a coupon. Still planning on enjoying my trip to spa world, once I get over the nudity hangup...it should be easier w/ strangers, I can't imagine going w/ friends or family, maybe I'll get past that, too...

Unfortunately, Hanaro has changed hands, and the new store doesn't have this deal.

Yeah, last weekend, we stopped by Hanaro after a quick trip to Middleburg, VA and learned that it had been bought out. The plan had been to buy an air purifier and get a few Spa World passes at discount.

Losing Hanaro was a shame as they sold some interesting Korean pots and kitchen accessories. Also, they made 'fish cake' in a cup for $1. Mighty tasty with some sriracha!