Corsino Cantina, West Village - Jason and Joe Denton's Italian Wine Bar on Hudson Street - Closed

I can't say too much about the food at Corsino Cantina, because we only stopped in for a glass of wine and a few nibbles at the bar. I mentioned in a post from several years ago how much I liked that lots of places in NYC bring you a snack at the bar. We were at Corsino during happy hour and were each treated to a ricotta and orange honey crostini, a generous cube of mortadella, and a dish of olives and pickled veggies. The crostini were quite good so we ordered a few more: fennel, orange & white anchovy and chicken liver. Both were very simple but nicely prepared. Everything on the menu is under $20, with the exception of a seafood pasta that includes lobster ($21). The ambiance was warm and friendly, with warm wood walls and floors and candelight. The bartender was pleasent helpful and had no problem pouring samples of a wine or two, so we could find one we liked. They had a great selection of Italian wines - and grappa. It seemed like a popular local spot and is one that I would be happy to stop back into on a future visit to the neighborhood.