Best Beer Bottle Shop in the District?

Seanchai

I'm coming into DC from the wilds of central Virginia this weekend and I am, among other familial duties, looking for beers not distributed in the Old Dominion. I'm thinking about Great Lakes and Goose Island in particular but of course am open to other good stuff including limited releases. Where's the best place to go?

Rodman's and Chevy Chase are the two biggies, but there are several smaller places in the city that have nice selections (Cairo on 17th, d'Vines/d'Vinos). For the two brands you specifically mention: Whole Foods on P St actually carries almost the entire line up from each brewery to my recollection

I've always been a little leery of the beer at Chevy Chase. They have such an incredible lot of different beers, I've always suspected that some of the stock on their shelves might be several years old, and I'd rather not drink beer that's several years old. Are my fears unfounded?

Thanks to all who replied. As I was centered around Dupont, I ended up hitting Conn. Wine and Liquor and the P street Whole Foods. While the beer guy at Conn. Ave W&L apologized for the picked over stock following the Christmas rush, I did nab a Port Mongo IPA, a Goose Island Matilda, and an Elysian Jasmine IPA. At Whole Foods I chatted with the beer guy and ended up with sixers from Goose Island and Great Lakes as well as another IPA bomber from Elysian. He also let drop that Goose Island (under the benevolent distribution hand of In-Bev, I assume) is coming to Virginia, which is great news.