Euro Bistro, Chef Raimund Stieger's Austrian and German on Elden Street in Herndon

Euro Bistro is on Elden which is basically Baron Cameron as it goes into Herndon for those who are newer to the area, like I am!

Jeff and I went to supper here tonight and had many delicious tasting dishes.

We started with a nice shrimp bisque each - it only needed fresh pepper but since none was offered we used the table pepper, it tasted perfect after that.

Next we shared a nicely presented goat cheese and proscuitto plate and some hot bread.

We had some soft drinks, but they have an extensive wine/beer list.

Then we ordered the main course hubby got one type of veal dish which was called Z-something... and I got another one that had heavy cream and mushrooms and bits of cooked bacon, a "heart doctor's delight"!

Then we got dessert, mine was a tasty hot apple streudel w/vanilla bean ice cream. He got the bread pudding. Both were presented beautifully as well and tasted very good.

The price w/tip was under $75.00 for all that which included soups, appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and half a dozen drinks. The service was pretty good, but could be a bit better. It's funny the other day we felt a restaurant was too attentive, I guess I am too picky. http://donrockwell.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/tongue.gif

We started with a nice shrimp bisque each - it only needed fresh pepper but since none was offered we used the table pepper, it tasted perfect after that.

Well, Stacey, you'll be pleased to know that Euro Bistro now features Trader Joe's salt and pepper mills on every table in addition to the shakers.

I didn't imbibe since it was lunch, but they also feature about 15 German and Austrian beers, some of which (Schneider, for example) are pretty interesting.

I'd love to try an authentic, centuries-old recipe of Jaegerschnitzel made with hunter-shot venison and fresh-picked mushrooms; Euro Bistro's ($10.95 at lunch) uses sautéed pork loin with buttons, onion and bacon in a creamy brown sauce which was at once heavy but elegant. It's served with a bowl of homemade Spatzle which, on its own, is bland, but the bowl was very quickly overturned onto the dish, and the Spatzle magically became the perfect sauce vehicle. With a Diet Coke ($2.50 with refills), this lunch was hearty, bountiful, but not over-the-top heavy.