Cafe Panache, Ashburn - Closed.

I have been meaning to post this for a few weeks now, but Cafe Panache has opened in the location previously occupied by the late and not-so-lamented 321 Ashland.

I stopped in a few weeks ago for a bite at the bar on what turned out to be their second night of service. I think the have it right. The prices are much more reasonable and friendly than 321 Ashland was ($20's as opposed to $30's for entrees), but (and I say this with all due respect to parents everywhere) this is not a place where you will see lots of kids and families. It is an adult place to eat in a sea of "middle-casual" or casual places.

The food itself was good, although a few kinks could still be ironed out. An Italian sausage appetizer with polenta had nice textures but was a bit salty. My entree of pork tenderloin with Asian noodles was cooked perfectly but the noodles were a bit gloppy.

But Jeff Galkin, the chef who made a point to come out and greet everyone once they were seated, seems confident and genuinely wanted to know what I thought about the food. And he seems to have the right vision for what he is trying to provide - a neighborhood place with good food.

Let everyone else in Ashburn have the Sysco supplied places or Bonefish next door or even better, the new Cheescake Factory opening at Dulles Town Center. I only hope there are enough adults in Ashburn to support this place.

I've been meaning to hit up Cafe Panache but haven't gotten around to it. (Too many new Ashburn restaurants and too little time.) The Post article settles it. I want to try it now. Except that after this it will be too crowded. What to do, what to do....

Enjoyed many dinners at Café Panache. Their hits are: Rack of Lamb, veal tenderloin (when available), duck risotto (when available), arctic char (when available), and duck breast.

We had a very nice meal at Cafe Panache a few months ago, and out of the blue they just sent us a 20% off coupon, so we plan to go back in the next couple of weeks. It's not gazpacho season, but I suspect they will have something equally delicious.

We had a very nice meal at Cafe Panache a few months ago, and out of the blue they just sent us a 20% off coupon, so we plan to go back in the next couple of weeks. It's not gazpacho season, but I suspect they will have something equally delicious.

Update: I just read in the Loudoun Weekly section of the WaPo that Cafe Panache has closed. :lol: We never did get back to use that coupon.