Dining in Chantilly

After spending the last 9 months as a poor grad student it looks like I will be returning to full time employment later this month. The job location is in the Westfields area of Chantilly. Aside from Willards BBQ that was mentioned in another thread, are there any places worth heading to for lunch or should I just bring my own?

---

[The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Karaikudi (BklynBoy)]

Edited by DonRocks

Welcome to CHAIN HELL!

There is Rosemary's Thyme Bistro in Centreville. Good but not great. There is always Sweetwater or BoneFish. Matsu Sushi right down the street from you is good. There are a few new Korean places in Centreville that I haven't tried.

Otherwise fogittaboutit!

Wegman's?

Tyler Cowen's "dining guide" has a few recommendations as well.

Otherwise, I got nothing.

I do need to check out Tyler's dining guide as I was figuring small ethnic places were going to be the best option.

I was going to point you back to the Dulles thread of a few months ago, but most of the recommendations weren't exactly "in the area".

My best bets are both in the same strip mall on the south side of Rt 50 just west of Rt 28. I find both Picante, the Real Taco and Thai Basil to be pretty tasty. Farther to the west, an Indian restaurant is rumored to be opening late this summer at South Riding, with veterans from Fairfax's now-closed Connaught Place.

I was going to point you back to the Dulles thread of a few months ago, but most of the recommendations weren't exactly "in the area".

My best bets are both in the same strip mall on the south side of Rt 50 just west of Rt 28.  I find both Picante, the Real Taco and Thai Basil to be pretty tasty.  Farther to the west, an Indian restaurant is rumored to be opening late this summer at South Riding, with veterans from Fairfax's now-closed Connaught Place.

Some thoughts.

First, that's not a rumor, I drive into Market Square at South Riding from time to time to see if there's any evidence of ZPizza yet and there is indeed a sign for a forthcoming Indian joint. Glad to hear it's got some CP vets on board -- that place had a very nice run.

Now, for more options.

In the same plaza as Thai Basil and Picante (Chantilly Park Center) there's Minerva, part of a small local Indian chain with a good buffet. Also in there is Rawal Kabob, a downscale joint featuring quick foods from the subcontinent (I think the proprietors are Pakistani).

A bit east on 50 in Sully Plaza is Pho Bac, a vietnamese place we didn't much like a few years ago when we tried it soon after it opened but seems to be doing a very good job now. Also in there (in back, near K Mart) is Buon Appetito, a decent pizza/pasta joint. There's also R Deli for subs.

Our favorite Chinese spot in the area (Ok that ain't saying much) is Kirin Cafe in South Riding, on Elk Lick Rd behind the village center.

Thai Place in Chantilly Crossing is not bad -- not as good as Thai Basil but not bad.

When did that Minerva open?  I never knew there was one there...

Thai Basil is seriously good.

Prolly a few months since Minerva opened. Good location for them, right across 50 from the Avion office park, which is full of techies.

Here are two more Westfields options, and actually very close ones: Fiora's Ristorante and Bluewater Grille in the Safeway shopping center.

Nonchain, locally owned. We tried Fiora's for the first time Saturday and were pleasantly surprised.

So it's not all chain hell out here!

Oh, one more thing, it's Thai Palace in Chantilly Crossing, not Thai Place.

I'm new to the board, and have been trying to catch up on a lot of reading. But I've just got to ask a question.

We'll be moving to the DC area (specific location TBD) within the next couple of months. While we're excited about a whole new food scene to explore, we're understandably saddened by leaving our favorite haunts here in Omaha. (Believe it or not, there really are some great restaurants here. It's almost impossible to get a bad steak dinner.)

The place we'll miss the most, though, is a little bistro-style place called La Buvette. In an old building in downtown, with mismatched tables and chairs (all old), and a tiny kitchen, this place turns out some amazing food. The kitchen consists of a couple of portable propane burners and a couple of countertop convection ovens. They have a bakery in the basement (the stairwell is lined with photos and articles by and about Man Ray) in which they bake a variety of artisanal breads. The staff (except the senior chef) are all students at the local culinary arts school. The wine list changes regularly (it is a wine shop, after all) and always has a couple dozen varieties available by the glass.

But the menu. The menu is different every week. Mussels, in a different sauce each week. Sometimes sweetbreads. Maybe lamb shanks, or pork bellies. Beans and lentils so good you'd be willing to have just a bowl of them with a slice of bread for lunch. In the summer, the table is full of fresh vegetables and herbs from the farmer's market next door. Everything perfectly prepared by a good, if not highly experienced cook under the careful eye of the chef.

The owner of the restaurant is a developer who owns several buildings downtown, and who is a major patron of the arts. So the restaurant is sort of a hangout for the artsy crowd and intelligentsia, Plus those of us who come in from the chain-bound suburbs for a taste of real cooking. There is just no better feeling than opening the door to La Buvette on a stunningly cold winter day to find a warm, cozy atmosphere redolent of braised meats and roasted vegetables.

Now, the office I'll be working from is in Chantilly, so we'll probably be living out on the western edge of town. Is there any hope of finding anything to replace our beloved Saturday lunch place?

In Chantilly? Not a chance in hell. In fact, I was always pleasantly surprised in my visits to Omaha. My favorite was arriving at some Persian joint with a co-worker who comes from an Iranian family. She and the owner immediately struck up a conversation in Farsi and the rest is history. Great meal and fortunes read from our coffee grounds. Not the kind of thing most folks would expect in Nebraska.

Nebraska City? Well, that's another story.

But in all honesty. I'd be shocked if you can find what you're looking for. Particularly in Chantilly. But even Saturday afternoon in DC....I'm at a loss. The only thing coming to mind based on your description is Komi. But that won't help you for Saturday lunch.

In Chantilly? Not a chance in hell. In fact, I was always pleasantly surprised in my visits to Omaha. My favorite was arriving at some Persian joint with a co-worker who comes from an Iranian family. She and the owner immediately struck up a conversation in Farsi and the rest is history. Great meal and fortunes read from our coffee grounds. Not the kind of thing most folks would expect in Nebraska.

Ahmad's, also downtown. Tiny little place with a great menu. Tehran Chicken seems to be the eternal special, but it's really, really good. Once the owner decides he's going to talk to you, he might actually pull up a chair to the table and sit with you while you eat. We like to eat there when we can sit outside on the patio.

OK, so maybe its too much to hope for to find anything actually in Chantilly. For that matter, we have to drive half an hour to get to downtown Omaha. A good meal is worth driving a bit for.

Ahmad's, also downtown. Tiny little place with a great menu. Tehran Chicken seems to be the eternal special, but it's really, really good. Once the owner decides he's going to talk to you, he might actually pull up a chair to the table and sit with you while you eat. We like to eat there when we can sit outside on the patio.

That's gotta be the joint. We sat on the patio...and the dude came out to join us. Had a great time. Also got lost around there and found this beer bar underground (more or less) about 4-5 blocks further away from the river. Had to walk down this staircase to get into it. That place was cool. Do you know that spot?

That's gotta be the joint. We sat on the patio...and the dude came out to join us. Had a great time. Also got lost around there and found this beer bar underground (more or less) about 4-5 blocks further away from the river. Had to walk down this staircase to get into it. That place was cool. Do you know that spot?

Upstream, maybe? No stairs to get inside, but they've got a downstairs bar. Local brewpub with remarkably good beer. Unfortunately, we're no longer in the nightclub market, so I'm not an expert on downtown watering holes.

I'm new to the board, and have been trying to catch up on a lot of reading. But I've just got to ask a question.

We'll be moving to the DC area (specific location TBD) within the next couple of months. While we're excited about a whole new food scene to explore, we're understandably saddened by leaving our favorite haunts here in Omaha. (Believe it or not, there really are some great restaurants here. It's almost impossible to get a bad steak dinner.)

The place we'll miss the most, though, is a little bistro-style place called La Buvette. In an old building in downtown, with mismatched tables and chairs (all old), and a tiny kitchen, this place turns out some amazing food. The kitchen consists of a couple of portable propane burners and a couple of countertop convection ovens. They have a bakery in the basement (the stairwell is lined with photos and articles by and about Man Ray) in which they bake a variety of artisanal breads. The staff (except the senior chef) are all students at the local culinary arts school. The wine list changes regularly (it is a wine shop, after all) and always has a couple dozen varieties available by the glass.

But the menu. The menu is different every week. Mussels, in a different sauce each week. Sometimes sweetbreads. Maybe lamb shanks, or pork bellies. Beans and lentils so good you'd be willing to have just a bowl of them with a slice of bread for lunch. In the summer, the table is full of fresh vegetables and herbs from the farmer's market next door. Everything perfectly prepared by a good, if not highly experienced cook under the careful eye of the chef.

The owner of the restaurant is a developer who owns several buildings downtown, and who is a major patron of the arts. So the restaurant is sort of a hangout for the artsy crowd and intelligentsia, Plus those of us who come in from the chain-bound suburbs for a taste of real cooking. There is just no better feeling than opening the door to La Buvette on a stunningly cold winter day to find a warm, cozy atmosphere redolent of braised meats and roasted vegetables.

Now, the office I'll be working from is in Chantilly, so we'll probably be living out on the western edge of town. Is there any hope of finding anything to replace our beloved Saturday lunch place?

Hello, Derek. You should copy this question and send it to Tom Sietsema for his online chat at www.washingtonpost.com on Wednesday morning at 11. He answers earnest questions earnestly.

Well first off, I'll say welcome.

I just wanted to point out a response that I've seen on chow, which may kind of apply in this situation. I think folks have gotten at this, but not said it explicitly.

Just that it may be very challenging to find places that are exactly like the menus and ambience that you've had in Omaha. It sounds like a great experience and something worth replicating. And from the way that it sounds you want an exact replica, which doesn't really happen - unless it's a chain. But I would say there are a number of places that use seasonal ingredients and have changing menus.

So I suppose that's the question here isn't it?... whose focus is on seasonal ingredients and frequently changing menus?

I think Dino in Cleveland Park might be a good example. I've always viewed it as a restaurant where the owner (deangold) and the chef pick "the best of" what's out there - cheese, charcuterie, seasonal produce. Not to mention a great mixologist (happyguy). They have an ENORMOUS wine list, from which you can pick 3oz. pours and larger ones. They don't do lunch though.

There are lots of places to try, and lots of place to love. With the numerous places around, I'm sure you can keep yourself plenty busy.

You might want to take a look at our dining guide. Also, it depends what you mean by western suburbs. If you mean Manasas or Gainsville, you will be spendinig a lot of time on the east bound lanes of I66. If you will be closer in, there are some decent places in Vienna and Tysons. Bazins in Vienna could be a place that will interest you.

Well first off, I'll say welcome.

So I suppose that's the question here isn't it?... whose focus is on seasonal ingredients and frequently changing menus?

There are lots of places to try, and lots of place to love. With the numerous places around, I'm sure you can keep yourself plenty busy.

This is a great site, and I'm sure the more familiar I become with the landscape there, the more useful the guides will be.

You've got most of what we're looking for - seasonal ingredients and changing menus. But we also really appreciate the laid-back, casual atmosphere at our place here in Omaha. The food is outstanding. But it's not a production. There's no affectation. The cooks are genuinely pleased when you tell them (over the railing that looks into the "kitchen") that your meal is perfect.

We've moved several times over the years, and have had to find new haunts to replace old ones. But we've never lived in such a target rich environment as DC and its environs. I'm terribly afraid that we might eat out several nights each week, never stop in the same place twice, and STILL miss out on a hidden jewel.

I've gotten a few hints from this thread, and I'm really enjoying reading through the rest. The dining guide, at least as pertains to the western suburbs, is somewhat disheartening. Still, there are enough interesting places to keep us out of the chains forever.

I've gotten a few hints from this thread, and I'm really enjoying reading through the rest. The dining guide, at least as pertains to the western suburbs, is somewhat disheartening. Still, there are enough interesting places to keep us out of the chains forever.

Understand that if you're out in Chantilly, you're about 45 min. drive from DC (if the traffic isn't too bad) and in an area which is comparatively newly developed. The best food you'll find out there is mainly ethnic of one kind or another, and you probably ought to gear up psychologically for that. Not that that is any burden. There are many Chinese/Thai/Korean/other Asian places, also lots of Indian, Central American, etc. etc. Most (not all) places serving American or western-style foods are chains, or small simple places that cater to the mid-day worker crowd, and are certainly not doing fresh, changing menu type cuisine such as you seek.

Most/many of the places mentioned earlier are in DC proper, and unless you plan to live in/near DC and commute out there (not recommended), you probably won't likely be driving into town too often to eat. It's just plain too far.

In addition to this board, you might want to check out Chowhound's DC board, as well as Tyler Cowen's Ethnic guide which is in blog form online. Tyler works from Fairfax, so he is especially good with info about places in your direction.

Understand that if you're out in Chantilly, you're about 45 min. drive from DC (if the traffic isn't too bad) and in an area which is comparatively newly developed. The best food you'll find out there is mainly ethnic of one kind or another, and you probably ought to gear up psychologically for that. Not that that is any burden. There are many Chinese/Thai/Korean/other Asian places, also lots of Indian, Central American, etc. etc. Most (not all) places serving American or western-style foods are chains, or small simple places that cater to the mid-day worker crowd, and are certainly not doing fresh, changing menu type cuisine such as you seek.

Most/many of the places mentioned earlier are in DC proper, and unless you plan to live in/near DC and commute out there (not recommended), you probably won't likely be driving into town too often to eat. It's just plain too far.

OK, this is not all bad news. We adore Asian foods of all types (all right, Korean is not at the top of the list). We can keep ourselves entertained for quite a while finding the best bowl of pho in the area.

As for the drive, we drive about 30 minutes from the western edge of Omaha to downtown each Saturday for our luncheon treat. Once a week, that's not too bad. So we'll probably also check out many of the places that have been mentioned here.

It's looking like a GPS device might be a good investment before we move!

OK, this is not all bad news. We adore Asian foods of all types (all right, Korean is not at the top of the list). We can keep ourselves entertained for quite a while finding the best bowl of pho in the area.

As for the drive, we drive about 30 minutes from the western edge of Omaha to downtown each Saturday for our luncheon treat. Once a week, that's not too bad. So we'll probably also check out many of the places that have been mentioned here.

It's looking like a GPS device might be a good investment before we move!

If you like Chinese, there is a very good place called Sichuan Village near the intersection of Rt. 50 and Rt. 28, at the southeast corner, catercorner from the corner of the Dulles Airport property. I think that might actually be Chantilly???? (I never could figure out Virginia geography). Be sure to order from the Chinese menu, and skip the buffet. Closer in, in Falls Church, is the Eden Center which is the center of Vietnamese life in the area, with many good places to eat---Huong Viet is my fav.

OK. The wife and I were in town this last week for our official house hunting trip, and have discovered that there is hope for the dining scene in Chantilly. Maybe not FINE dining, but with what houses cost out here our definition of fine dining might need some adjustment!

What I did find was a plethora of hole-in-the-wall type ethnic restaruants and markets. There is an especially promising little cache of storefronts on US 50 just west of the highway 28 interchange. There are Indian, Mexican, Italian, Vietnamese, and Pakistani restaurants, along with a few "normal" fast food joints. We at at the Pakistani restaurant on our first day in town, and enjoyed watching the cricket world cup with one of the co-owners. He's from Bangladesh, and it just happened that Bangladesh and Bermuda were playing at the time. The food was really good, although there were some offerings we were unfamiliar with. Sadly, I didn't notice the weekend special of goat biyrani until AFTER I'd placed my order. Fortunately, this place is within 5 minutes of my office in Chantilly, so there'll be plenty of time to catch up.

We also at at Pho 98, which offered a satisfying array of Vietnamese soups and noodle dishes. I'm going to hold off real praise until I get a chance to try at least a few more of the dozens of Vietnamese places around.

Once we get moved and have a chance to explore more, perhaps there'll be a hidden gem somewhere in a strip center. I'll keep searching....

Right now, I have, in order of preference:

1. Thai Basil

2. Khan Kabob House

3. Rawal Kabob

4. Ko Hyang

5. Willard's BBQ

6. Don Churro Cafe

7. Pho Aura

8. PanAsian

9. Otami Japanese Steak House

10. Lopo's Mobile Crab Shack

11. Sichuan Village

12. Picante

13. Fuji Japanese Restaurant

14. Sila Thai

15. Golden China

Please consider this an invitation to discuss, criticize, and add recommendations, and if we don't have a ranking for a restaurant you like, that means we don't have a thread for it (this includes non-chains only) - please start one! My gut feeling is that after only one visit, I have Picante too low. Remember, my criterion for ranking is one, simple thing: "Where would I like to go, if someone else was paying?" In other words, price is not a consideration. That may not be the best ranking system, but it's essentially the one I use. I don't pretend for a moment that this list is complete, current, or correct, so let's collaborate to make it so.

• Like 1

Right now, I have, in order of preference:

1. Thai Basil

2. Khan Kabob House

3. Rawal Kabob

4. Ko Hyang

5. Willard's BBQ

6. Don Churro Cafe

7. Pho Aura

8. PanAsian

9. Otami Japanese Steak House

10. Lopo's Mobile Crab Shack

11. Sichuan Village

12. Picante

13. Fuji Japanese Restaurant

14. Sila Thai

15. Golden China

Please consider this an invitation to discuss, criticize, and add recommendations, and if we don't have a ranking for a restaurant you like, that means we don't have a thread for it (this includes non-chains only) - please start one! My gut feeling is that after only one visit, I have Picante too low. Remember, my criterion for ranking is one, simple thing: "Where would I like to go, if someone else was paying?" In other words, price is not a consideration. That may not be the best ranking system, but it's essentially the one I use. I don't pretend for a moment that this list is complete, current, or correct, so let's collaborate to make it so.

You've definitelty gotten to know our little corner of the world, which, as you correctly perceive, straddles the Fairfax/Loudoun line. One glaring omission: Taste @ Hong Kong. Actually, you also need to check out Pho 98, Rangoli, Grand Thai and Sushi, and MoCA Asian Bistro. I would agree that you have Picante too low, and both Thai Basil and Rawal too high. Also, unless two locations is a DQ, you need to get the new Ford's Fish Shack into the mix. There's also an Indian place right next to the Lotte Plaza market that has gotten some good reviews -- see recap of chow dinner on DC/Balt board on Chowhound.

You've definitelty gotten to know our little corner of the world, which, as you correctly perceive, straddles the Fairfax/Loudoun line. One glaring omission: Taste @ Hong Kong. Actually, you also need to check out Pho 98, Rangoli, Grand Thai and Sushi, and MoCA Asian Bistro. I would agree that you have Picante too low, and both Thai Basil and Rawal too high. Also, unless two locations is a DQ, you need to get the new Ford's Fish Shack into the mix. There's also an Indian place right next to the Lotte Plaza market that has gotten some good reviews -- see recap of chow dinner on DC/Balt board on Chowhound.

Thanks for this! I also have separate rankings for South Riding and Ashburn which include Rangoli, MoCA, and Ford's. I think I need to more clearly delineate the boundaries as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for this! I also have separate rankings for South Riding and Ashburn which include Rangoli, MoCA, and Ford's. I think I need to more clearly delineate the boundaries as well.

Yeah, there's no point in putting Lopo's in a separate section from SR. It's not actually in SR, but obviously it serves the same market. So I'd say maybe divide Chantilly into Chantilly (Fairfax) and Chantilly/SR/Ashburn (Loudoun).

An Indian friend took me to Karaikudi http://www.karaikudiva.com/. Terrific, very authentic Chettined food. They have a lunch buffet and most of the dishes were different than I am used to seeing in American Indian restaurants. Be forewarned by this Chillihead, the spicy dishes are Indian spicy.

You guys beat me to the punch. Karaikudi is awesome and needs to be near the top of this list. It is currently my favorite indian place although I have only had the buffet.

I also think Thai Basil is too high as well. I took cooking classes there about 10 years ago and pimped that place before it became popular. The problem I am seeing lately is inconsistency. For every 2 good meals I have had there in recent years I have had one bad one My last order of Pad Thai from there was awful. Gloopy and sickeningly sweet. The prior two had been quite good.,,, but that last one....

Taste @ Hong Kong is worth checking out but I think they are closed for repairs.

Taste @ Hong Kong is worth checking out but I think they are closed for repairs.

Yes, I took a look when I went to check out the new Aldi earlier this week. It appears that Taste @ Hong Kong had a fire, so they are getting the place back into shape. My kids love their dumplings in chicken soup. The broth is tasteless -- and I mean tasteless -- but the dumplings are really good.

Taste at Hong Kong also had good hot and sour soup which is one of the ways I judge a chinese restaraunt. El Fresco is adequate. Kind of on par with Anitas which also has its place (breakfast burritos).

It may deserve another thread as it is a local chain but Santini's is pretty freakin solid. I find myself eating there a lot.

We have a thread about Aguaymanto.

Interestingly, that thread includes a debate about whether this place is in Centreville or Chantilly. Note that this thread "Dining in Chantilly" was started by someone going to work in "the Westfields area of Chantilly." I know the zip code says Centreville, but really, no one thinks of Westfields as Centreville.

As an area develops and if sees continued demand big high rise buildings will continue to go up.  This report of a possible new development in Ballston reflects the efforts to sell a car dealership site.    That site has been selling cars for decades and high rise development started in Ballston in the early 1980's....so the demand to build on this site has been around for a long time...but the economics and timing probably weren't there.   I guess the landholders feel its there now.

I suspect the same process will occur in Tysons.  Buildings will go up on land that is less well developed or less economically productive.  I assume all the auto dealerships in Tysons are very productive...but at some point big high rises might create more value.

I suppose down the line on land where you can now evaluate and purchase cars, at some point in the future will be land where you can live, work, stay in a hotel, or dine in a restaurant.......if you can get there without sitting in traffic for a few hours   ;)

The massive Chantilly Auto Park -- less than two miles east of where I live -- continues to expand. I am hopeful that at some point we get some more eateries out here as well. You'd think with a M-B dealership, a Jaguar dealership, Moore Cadillac around the corner, etc, we could get some higher-end restaurants as well.

Sooner or later it'll be more lucrative to move the dealerships out to Loudoun County where there's far more land.  Between Koons being across where SAIC wants to put up their giant ~OBELISK OF DOOM~ and the very unappealing look of the giant Rosenthal lots and Tyco industrial park...I can't imagine anyone buying in that holy terror of an upscale apartment high-rise behind Container Store and McDonalds are happy about their views if they happen to have a westward-facing unit.

"Oh look honey, the sun sets so beautifully over the dent repair place and body shops.  This place was worth every penny."

The massive Chantilly Auto Park -- less than two miles east of where I live -- continues to expand. I am hopeful that at some point we get some more eateries out here as well. You'd think with a M-B dealership, a Jaguar dealership, Moore Cadillac around the corner, etc, we could get some higher-end restaurants as well.

You'd think the strip mall behind the combined Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati dealership (which, funnily enough is located next to a CarMax) off Rt. 28 would have a pretty decent restaurant in it to potentially net some high-brow customers, but *nope*.  Closest one I can think of off the top of my head is the Ashburn Ford's Fish Shack.

Boy, I remember when Chantilly was "the place I'd go to for Total Beverage" - that was twenty years ago.

I'm soliciting opinions from members who live or work near Chantilly because it's growing and changing and I'm trying to keep the Dining Guide fresh - Chantilly is just far enough away from me where targeted visits have better payoff than random visits.

Instead of asking, "any recent experiences?" I'll instead ask, "what are your top three, in no particular order?"

Thank you! :)

Boy, I remember when Chantilly was "the place I'd go to for Total Beverage" - that was twenty years ago.

I'm soliciting opinions from members who live or work near Chantilly because it's growing and changing and I'm trying to keep the Dining Guide fresh - Chantilly is just far enough away from me where targeted visits have better payoff than random visits.

Instead of asking, "any recent experiences?" I'll instead ask, "what are your top three, in no particular order?"

Thank you! :)

Honestly, you should give up and just start calling it "Chaintilly."  Herndon's close enough to Chantilly to be their 'foodie' destination, but the area's just zoned too commercial-industrial to really attract much interest other than scads of chain restaurants.

Just find all the restaurants in Chantilly that aren't corporate and then add the Super Santini's to the list.

Honestly, you should give up and just start calling it "Chaintilly."  Herndon's close enough to Chantilly to be their 'foodie' destination, but the area's just zoned too commercial-industrial to really attract much interest other than scads of chain restaurants.

Just find all the restaurants in Chantilly that aren't corporate and then add the Super Santini's to the list.

:(

This covers 20151 and 20152. Right now our go-to is Cheng's Asian House

Cheng's Asian House

Taste @ Hong Kong

Pho 98

Firehook Bakery

Rangoli

Ford's Fish Shack

Buon Appetito NY Pizza

Cerrito's Pupuseria

East Gate Asian Bistro

Shiro Sushi and Teriyaki

Anita's (mainly for breakfast burritos)

One more local spot: The Bungalow (part of a mini- local chain). Very good bar food.

I have been living in that area for two years now, and I still don't know where Fairfax ends and Chantilly begins or Reston (we're not dead, we're just Reston) begins or ends or Herndon ends or begins or Centreville begins or ends or...

My mailing address is Fairfax, but when I Google-map it I'm in Chantilly. Basically I have no idea where I live and without my trusty Waze app, I'd be utterly lost.

Thai Basil is the only joint I know is in Chantilly and I love it. I'll be on the lookout for others.

This Hurt and was not Wise.

There are several other places worth a go just in that one shopping center!

Have you noticed any new Korean restaurants?

Funny, in Hurt you have notable residents that include a NASCAR driver and a country music star. My red neck is Hurtin'.

Wise, resident-wise, includes George C Scott (whom we've covered in another thread), and Glen Roberts, the originator of temporarily overcoming gravity and throwing a ball into a hoop (aka the jump shot).

I don't know what's new and what's not. I'll keep an eye out though.

Centreville is the place to go for Korean. The only Chantilly Korean place I can think is the one in the red roof plaza that used to be Il Mee/Yil Mi and has since gone through several name changes but is still Korean. There might be  one in the Lotte Market food court too.