O'Faolain's Irish Pub, Regal Center on Davenport Drive in Sterling

joycek said:
My mini rant/review ends here - but I have to share a tidbit about O'Faolain's Irish Pub in Ashburn. Last week, I was there for a pint after work with a couple "exurban" friends. Friend A is gesticulating wildy and knocks over a full Stella (of which my pants are the lucky recipient). Totally our table's fault, we're embarrassed, contrite, etc. (Note that this happens before any of us even take a sip of beer!). However, the house springs into action, bringing over floor caution signs, mops, buckets, runners to reset the table, bartenders pouring up fresh brews, and the owner is rushing over to ask if I'm ok and is there anything he can get me (towels, club soda, etc). Note that this is with a near-full bar and WE spilled the beer, not the waiter! Just food for thought on how service dffers across the spectrum of dining experiences.

Not surprised at the response from O'Faolain's - they're good people. It's not in Ashburn though, it's in Sterling.

One thing about Irish Pubs: They tend to stay in business for a long time. 

Patrick Whelan opened The Bards in Philadelphia in 1994, then O'Faolain's in Sterling in 2004, then James Hoban's (yes, that James Hoban's) in Dupont Circle in 2007, all run under the umbrella company "New Irish Bars."

Screenshot 2016-06-05 at 16.04.37.png

I had *no idea* that the same company owned both O'Faolain's and James Hoban's (which is either making or losing one heck of a lot of money), and I suspect not many other people did either. O'Faolain's is in Regal Center Shopping Center, Sterling, just a nine-iron away from the Regal Countryside Stadium 20.

Jul 8, 2014 - "Rock Creek Property Group Sells Sterling's Regal Center for $18 Million" by Ryan Clancey on loudountimes.com

O'Faolain's is open until 2 AM, 7 days a week, and like Shelly's Back Room, easily makes it into the Late-Night Restaurants section of our Dining Guide.