Jackson's Mighty Fine Food, Reston Town Center

The creators of Coastal Flats, Sweetwater Tavern, Artie's, Carlyle Grand Cafe, etc. are opening next year on the ground floor of one of the new office buildings in "South of Market." It will be a totally new concept for them, named after one of the owners. I believe the tentative name is "Walter's."

The creators of Coastal Flats, Sweetwater Tavern, Artie's, Carlyle Grand Cafe, etc. are opening next year on the ground floor of one of the new office buildings in "South of Market." It will be a totally new concept for them, named after one of the owners. I believe the tentative name is "Walter's."

Now being called "Jackson's Mighty Fine Food", named after GAR's corporate exec chef of 18 years Bill Jackson. I cannot wait for this to open.

Click

Looks like Reston Town Center is getting some much needed new restaurants.

Extending the theme of this post, here are some items off the Great American Restaurant Group's various menus:

Hot Spinach, Parmesan & Artichoke Dip with fresh tortilla chips (Jackson's Mighty Fine Food)

Hot Spinach, Parmesan & Artichoke Dip with fresh tortilla chips (Sweetwater Tavern)

Hot Spinach, Parmesan & Artichoke Dip with fresh tortilla chips (Coastal Flats)

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Reggiano parmesan, jack cheese [ooh, clever!], and warm corn tortilla chips (Carlyle)

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Reggiano parmesan, jack cheese [well maybe not] & tortilla chips (Mike's American)

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Reggiano parmesan & fresh tortilla chips (Silverado)

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Reggiano parmesan, jack cheese, and warm corn tortilla chips (Artie's)

Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad asparagus, tomatoes and field greens w. champagne vinaigrette & summer tater salad ... goat cheese add $1 (Jackson's Mighty Fine Food)

Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad over mixed greens with champagne vinaigrette, dates, sun dried cranberries, new potatoes & pine nuts ... goat cheese add $1 (Sweetwater Tavern)

Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad new potatoes, bright red tomatoes, thin beans, kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, balsamic onions & new potatoes [sic?] over mixed field greens with champagne vinaigrette ... goat cheese, add $1 (Coastal Flats)

Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad pine nuts, tomatoes, dates, sun dried cranberries, new potatoes & field lettuces in balsamic vinaigrette ... goat cheese, add $1 (Carlyle)

Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad over mixed greens with champagne vinaigrette, sun dried cranberries, dates, new potatoes, balsamic onions & pine nuts ... goat cheese add $1 (Mike's American)

Short Smoked Grilled Salmon Salad over mixed greens with champagne vinaigrette, sun dried cranberries, dates, new potatoes & pine nuts ... goat cheese, add $1 (Silverado)

Short Smoked Salmon Salad with jumbo asparagus, new potatoes and field lettuces in balsamic vinaigrette ... goat cheese, add $1 (Artie's)

Jackson’s Rib Eye marinated in Worcestershire campari tomatoes with blue cheese vinaigrette and field green or chop house salad (Jackson's Mighty Fine Food)

Drunken Rib Eye Steak Black Angus Beef marinated in our Great American Pale Ale with sauteed mushrooms, loaded baked potato & choice of house, caesar or mixed greens salad (Sweetwater Tavern)

Drunken Ribeye marinated in our Great American Pale Ale with roasted mushrooms, basil redskin mashed potatoes and choice of mixed field greens or chop house salad (Coastal Flats)

Hickory Smoked & Grilled Black Angus Rib Eye Steak roast mushrooms & creamy parmesan potatoes (Carlyle)

Drunken Ribeye marinated in our Great American Pale Ale with basil redskin mashed potatoes (Mike's American)

Hickory Smoked Black Angus Ribeye with loaded baked potato & choice of house, caesar or mixed greens salad (Silverado)

Hickory Smoked & Grilled Black Angus Rib Eye Steak with loaded baked potato & caesar, chopped or field greens salad (Artie's)

I'm impressed with the way "the experience" is slightly altered depending on the theme of the restaurant - with the addition of Jackson's Mighty Fine Food, we can now enjoy a different Great American Restaurant Group concept each night of the week.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Rib Eye...Rib Eye...Ribeye...Rib Eye...Ribeye...Ribeye...Rib Eye

Let us not assassinate GARG further than the truth, senator. Lots of restaurants serve steaks.

Did Jackson's Mighty Similar to Artie's Food also have Ozzie rolls? Lobster bisque? Corn & crab chowder? Roast chicken tortilla soup? Grilled chicken & havarti sandwich? Baby back ribs? Prime Rib "while it lasts"? Louisiana pasta?

Let us not assassinate GARG further than the truth, senator. Lots of restaurants serve steaks.

Did Jackson's Mighty Similar to Artie's Food also have Ozzie rolls? Lobster bisque? Corn & crab chowder? Roast chicken tortilla soup? Grilled chicken & havarti sandwich? Baby back ribs? Prime Rib "while it lasts"? Louisiana pasta?

Lobster Bisque...Monday, Wednesday & Friday...5.5

Crab & Corn Chowder...Sunday & Thursday...5.5

Grilled Chicken & Havarti Cheese...roasted peppers & citrus mayo on grilled ice box bread w. summer tater salad...9.5

Aged Prime Rib…slow roasted on the bone…..warm thin beans & fingerling potatoes...field green or chop house salad...27

---

ETA: I stopped in here for a pint of Jackson's Pale Ale ($4.75, sourced from Dominion Brewery) last night, and perused the menu for awhile. I did not realize the restaurant had been named for a fallen colleague. Call me a softy, but I probably wouldn't have written the (admittedly mocking) post up above had I known. Notice that I didn't say the replication of dishes was necessarily "bad" - these restaurants have declined enormously in quality over the years, but still do very well considering the thousands (yes, thousands) of people they serve daily.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Edited by DonRocks

I went there yesterday and was ignored by the bartender at the outside bar. I walked across the street to Uncle Julio's. That is not indicative of the usual level of service there or at any GAR in my experience. The french dip sandwich is huge and awesome. The fries blow however. If they borrowed the fries from Sweetwaters it would be a big improvement.

I went there yesterday and was ignored by the bartender at the outside bar. I walked across the street to Uncle Julio's. That is not indicative of the usual level of service there or at any GAR in my experience. The french dip sandwich is huge and awesome. The fries blow however. If they borrowed the fries from Sweetwaters it would be a big improvement.

I will eschew my relentless assault on all things GARG for the moment, and merely point out that about half a block away is PassionFish, where the food is actually mighty fine.