Vienna Inn, Absolute Dive Serving Chili Dogs And Other Inedibles Since 1960

That must be birch beer. It tastes like root beer crossed with bubblegum. Great stuff. Every now and again I want some, and the only place that seems to have around here is Giuseppe's Pizza in Rockville.

A trigger burger and a birch beer would hit the spot right now...

Birch beer on tap at Vienna Inn, Ms. Heather. I wouldn't wash down a chilidog with anything else.

ohhhhhhh, vienna inn chili dogs, delish! :-) what else could you want? chili dogs, cold beer, decent conversation, vfw atmosphere? i *heart* this place. sooooooo much better than Bens, imho, except no half smokes :-( , it reminds me of matts on cedar in minneapolis, birth place of the juicy lucy (cheese stuffed burger) and a place we used to drive to from the u of mn campus to eat at....imma go an get me a couple dogs today!!

My daughter swears by the cheese fries...

ohhhhhhh, vienna inn chili dogs, delish! :-) what else could you want? chili dogs, cold beer, decent conversation, vfw atmosphere? i *heart* this place. sooooooo much better than Bens, imho, except no half smokes :-( , it reminds me of matts on cedar in minneapolis, birth place of the juicy lucy (cheese stuffed burger) and a place we used to drive to from the u of mn campus to eat at....imma go an get me a couple dogs today!!

I've never had anything other than the chilidogs and fries, but where else could you sit down at a sticky table, surrounded by ex-spooks and truckers, and get served by local high schoolers? The Inn is about my halfway point when I cycle to work, perfect for waiting out a storm and refueling.

My dad took my mom here on a date. I hope my kids can say that about Ray's, actually.

These chilidogs seem hauntingly similar to the ones served at Del Merei Grille.

Perhaps Eric Reid can shed some light on this situation? :(

I might be able to shed a little light. When Mary and I decided to open Del Merei Grille we wanted to pay homage to her late grandfather by serving Vienna Inn Chili Dogs. They are listed under the bar menu as Zadies Dogs. Once a week I drive out to Vienna and pick up 30 pounds of the chili. The dogs that we serve during lunch and on the bar side during dinner are a little different than the ones you'll find at the Inn. At DMG we grill our dogs and use potato rolls versus steaming the dogs in beer and using white bread buns like they are served in Vienna. We had to be a little different, but the chili is authentic Vienna Inn chili.

Longing for a greasy spoon, I persuaded a freind to drive out to Vienna to try the Inn. It was everything I had dreamed: cramped, a mixed clientele, good beer, and those chili dogs with the works, loads of messy American cheese. It is a treasure that has been dying out downtown. I guess the Tune Inn and the moved Stoney's are some of the few that are left.