Rose Restaurant, 126 Maple Ave W in Vienna,

Rose has excellent kebobs and astonishing lentil soup. Also, superb aush, which, due to dietary restrictions (no wheat, no dairy), I can no longer indulge in.

Persian tends to be one of the high points of Middle Eastern cuisine (others being Lebanese and Afghani). This is a very good Persian place.

For unusual dishes, I would definitely recommend the roasted eggplant appetizer.

Good dough [pronounced duke] (home made yogurt drink mixed with herbs, club soda, and ice). Very tasty Persian ice cream (saffron and rosewater).

Pita bread fresh from Yas bakery across the street. If you pine for good fresh pita, go to Yas, get a bag made fresh while you wait.

I thought I posted about Rose Restaurant, but I guess I didn't. We frequently order carryout from here and have not been disappointed. The kabobs are very good, particularly the chicken kabobs. They have a nice char on the outside, but remain moist and flavorful on the inside. My favorite dish has been the lamb shank served with basmati rice and barberries.

The kabobs are very good, particularly the chicken kabobs. They have a nice char on the outside, but remain moist and flavorful on the inside.

Went to Rose Sunday for lunch. I came here to post the exact same thing. Ordered the lamb and chicken combo platter and the chicken was just as you described. The lamb was good, too. The staff (family?) couldn't have been nicer.

Wife and I went there for dinner on Friday night. The place was packed and we actually had to wait a little while before being seated. Right away they bring out warm bread, yogurt, and that spicy green sauce (what's it called?). The bread is better than the cold bread they serve at Shamshiry and I like the softer texture of Rose's over Moby Dick's. The yogurt and green sauce are both fantastic. We also ordered hummus as appetizer which they forgot to bring out. Whem reminded, they brought out the hummus and comped it. My wife's entree was a combo platter of chicken and kubideh. How they get the chicken so tender and juicy is beyond me. The rice is almost as good as Shamshiry's. Unfortunately they ran out of Gheymeh (beef stew) so I tried the lamb shank. The lamb was served with the dill and fava beans rice. I've had this rice at Shamshiry and now at Rose, I'm not a big fan. I also think the lamb shank lacked flavor. I've never had lamb shank at another Persian restaurant so I don't really have a basis for comparison.