Corduroy, Fine Dining at the Convention Center - Chef Tom Power's Magnificent Cooking

On 6/21/2024 at 10:37 PM, Ferhat Yalcin said:

I met many of you at Corduroy including Don Rockwell and many other great people. I did meet some asshole customers, too, which I had to kick them out of Corduroy in the mids of their dinner.

Anyone else remember that group from the Parker board that showed up with a bunch of wine, started popping them like they were at a picnic table, and got kicked out after tense confrontation?  Those were the days, my friends

• Like 1

We had a nice farewell dinner on Tuesday. I got the tuna with sushi rice that I've loved for so long. I was happy that it was possible to get the spring rolls, which I had always thought had to be ordered at the bar.

My husband had the pea soup, which he loved, but Chef also sent out some of his red snapper bisque for us both, which was extra wonderful. The last time I'd had it (quite some time ago, at Baby Wale) I thought it was lacking some punch. This had had extra punch. Awesome. Quite a signature soup, this is.

I had a little of my husband's baby kale salad and loved the anchovy dressing. Also sampled the mushroom pasta, which I really loved.

I had JMC Chinon Rose by the glass, which was perfect with everything.

Our server was good. Everything was. I'm sad I won't be going back.

A great run for Corduroy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It was great to see so many of you old friends last night! Thanks for the support and love over the years.

We will have Liquid liquidation / Fire sale next Monday through Wednesday July 1-3  5:30 PM until at least 9. 

Limited menu, spring rolls, meat balls, possibly some fish, lots of soup all at low prices. Amazing deals on drinks. $3 beers, $5 to $8 cocktails, at least half price on almost all wine for here or to go. 

Let me know if you are interested in shopping my cellar. I have a bunch of wine to move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

After a lovely final dinner there on Friday night, with a bunch of Rockwellians, my daughter and I stopped by for a final hurrah last night at 10p. There was a little nibbling, a fair amount of drinking, and a lot of hugs and tears.

My wife and I will be at the fire sale on Tuesday about 7p. Hope to see some of you there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1