On 5/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, DaveO said:

I am aware of at least one popular place in the DC suburbs that ditched OT and has been doing excellent.  They saved big on the $1/head for a direct reservation on OT.  At about a $25-35/per customer order that is a big hit.  OTOH I am aware of restaurants local and national that ditched OT and had to go back.   

For many OT became a default source for reservations. 

Resy seems to be making a charge.

4 hours ago, Keithstg said:

Resy is a great app.

I like the notify feature.  I wish they would show you all the available reservations, and then the unavailable ones, so you could use the notify feature more, without having to know a specific name of a place you were thinking about.  I know I can use rezhound, but I like that they will automatically book you if your preferred place and times becomes available.

2 hours ago, FranklinDubya said:

*Getting a little off topic here but I vastly prefer Resy to OpenTable from a user experience standpoint plus it seems to be better for the restaurants themselves money wise AND the selection of restaurants is more curated than OpenTable.

You can't search for availability based on time on Resy.  They'd show lunch openings when you're looking for dinner openings.  You also can't prioritize based on rating.  More importantly, I simply hate having to do multiple searches.  

3 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

You can't search for availability based on time on Resy.  They'd show lunch openings when you're looking for dinner openings.  You also can't prioritize based on rating.  More importantly, I simply hate having to do multiple searches.  

At least on the Resy app you can sort by Lunch and then Early/Late/Prime for Dinner (maybe on non mobile they don't have this which would be crappy).  I agree on the multiple searches thing but it's gotten to the point where I feel like Resy has more of the places I want to eat overall and less of ones that I don't.  Often times now I just go the website of places I like then follow the reservations link to wherever it happens to take me (Kinship recently switched to Tock from OT, and Tail Up Goat recently switched to Resy from something random for instance).