Kirby Club, Middle-Eastern in the Mosaic District

I'm watching a dog that gets mad when I leave him at home.  Said dog would find his reserve of pee and unleash it in the house.  I've joked he must've been a camel in his past life because he had nary a drop left after our hour long walk.  

Anyhow, to avoid a mess in my house, I decided to find a place where I can take said dog out for dinner and Kirby Club has an outdoor patio.  I had some hindbeh to start.  I have no clue what it is so I googled it and Simply Lebanese said it is "a very popular Lebanese dish that consists of cooked Dandelion greens (or Chicory) tossed with a lemon and olive oil dressing and topped with caramelized onions."  The version at Kirby Club is served cold (I'm not sure if it should be hot or cold), made with collard greens and topped with fried onions strings.  I think it's good, but I feel the need to eat greens.  

I also had the Gold Plate, which is chicken and kofta kebabs on a bed of rice.  I thought the chicken is pretty good but the kofta is nowhere near as good as kubideh at Shamshiry.  I also don't think their rice is anywhere near as good as Shamshiry's.  I think the prices are reasonable, and they serve booze. 

Rose Previte is the proprietor of Maydan and Compass Rose.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1